Denmark Pavilion, P91, Delegation Pavilion 4, Area C, Blue Zone
A just transition for the oil and gas sector is the next frontier for climate mitigation. The IEA warned that achieving 1.5°C requires making 2020 a decade of massive clean energy expansion and investment globally. Speakers at this event considered:
- What are the key factors that make it possible for a country to set a course towards an oil and gas production phase-out?
- How does exposure to climate change impacts and/or geopolitical risks influence a country’s propensity to restrict fossil fuel supply?
- How does the connection between a country’s fossil fuel supply and demand come into play?
- How could international collaboration best be organized?
- Hauwa Mustapha, Climate Coordinator, Nigerian Labour Congress
- Amr Seleem, Board Member of Youthinkgreen Egypt and Climate Resilience Officer, Climate Champions Team
- Ana Carolina González Espinosa, Senior Director for Programs, Natural Resource Governance Institute in Colombia