The Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) organized a 90-minute webinar, “Qatar Petroleum and the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative: Implications for State Companies in the Middle East and North Africa.”
Speakers at this webinar discussed Qatar Petroleum’s experience as the first state-owned enterprise (SOE) in the region to support the EITI and its approach to transparency. They also explored lessons that other SOEs can draw from this experience and strategies with which they can push for effective governance.
- Mohammed Al Mannai, General Counsel and Board Secretary, Qatar Petroleum
- Andrew Irvine, Legal and Corporate Engagement Director, EITI
- Suneeta Kaimal, President and CEO, NRGI
- Liz McGrath, Director of Research, Data and Learning, NRGI
- Kaisa Toroskainen, Independent Consultant.
The event was moderated by Laury Haytayan, Middle East and North Africa Director, NRGI.
Photo: Gordon Bell for Shutterstock